Take steps for diabetes – walk ‘n’ talk
Physical inactivity is an independent risk factor for type 2 diabetes!
Walking is a simple way to reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. If you walk for at least 30 minutes most days of the week you will improve your health, reduce your weight and feel terrific.
Why not walk with a friend, have a chat and help motivate each other to get fit?
- Find out about walking and diabetes prevention.
- Read our top walking tips to get the most out of your walk.
- Download walking resources and find links to other walking websites.
- Download a walking diary and log your distance and steps. A walking diary is a great motivational tool to keep you moving.
- Take the Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment to see how likely you are to get type 2 diabetes in the next five years.
Ditch the Desk
Ditch the Desk is a lunchtime walking activity developed to encourage workers to get out of the office and get active. We understand the challenges that most work-out programs entail, which is why we have designed an easy-paced fitness activity for those wanting to take the first step in achieving a more active life-style.
Ditch the Desk is a fun and effective program for anyone who would like to meet new people and socialise with others in the community. With no contracts and no limits, participants are encouraged to work at their own pace; guided by professional and friendly fitness experts who can give tips on how to improve their health and wellness and achieve their fitness goals.
This six week program aims to energise participants and show them that being active can be very simple. It aims to develop work-out confidence so that participants can continue to build up their fitness as they experience the benefits.