We provide a range of services and resources to support health professionals working with and caring for people with diabetes.
We also collaborate with other organisations and agencies in activities such as research and advocacy to address risk factors for type 2 diabetes and to enhance health outcomes for people with diabetes.
What we offer
- Printed and electronic resources for health professionals and the general public (see Resources)
- Professional development activities for health professionals (See Events and workshops)
- Training and support for the DAFNE self management program (Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating) for people with type 1 diabetes (see OzDAFNE)
- An advocacy service to assist people affected by diabetes in dealing with issues such as discrimination and access to appropriate support and services (See Knowing your rights)
- Coordination of Community Support (ComNet) groups across Victoria for people affected by diabetes
- Coordination of Supermarket tours conducted by dietitians around Victoria
- Training and support for the Life! Program
- General Practice Programs
- Gwen Scott Grants to Health Professional Members
To find out more about our health professionals programs contact us on 1300 136 588 or via email.