Most people with diabetes have long and successful working lives across lots of interesting jobs. We have booklets about diabetes in the workplace for people with diabetes, their employers and co-workers.
Information for employees and employers on diabetes in the workplace
These booklets offer information, hints and examples of how to balance your diabetes along with your rights and duties at work. You can read these booklets online, download and print them or call our Helpline on 1300 437 386 to have a hardcopy posted to you.
- An employer's guide to diabetes in the workplace (PDF)
- An employee's guide to diabetes in the workplace (PDF)
- Diabetes in the workplace: explanatory notes for health professionals (PDF)
- Diabetes in the workplace checklist (PDF)
Information for employers on workplace rights and responsibilities and avoiding discrimination
- Recruitment responsibilities for employers (Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission)
The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissions (VEOHRC) website has more information on discrimination and workplace laws, including:
Safety sensitive jobs
You can also find out about safety sensitive jobs, which may have certain limits for people with diabetes.
Additional help and support
If you need help, contact a member of the advocacy team:
📅 Page last updated: 23 July 2018