When thinking about how best to manage your type 2 diabetes it can be difficult to know where to start. Our experts will teach you practical skills that will give you the confidence to manage your diabetes.
At this program you will learn about:
- When and why to monitor your blood glucose levels
- Making healthy food choices
- Managing diabetes complications
- Physical activity and exercise
- Setting goals and creating an action plan
This program is suitable for adults with type 2 diabetes.
2018 Melbourne dates
- Saturday 28 April (9.30am-5pm)
- Friday 18 May (9.30am-5pm)
- Friday 20 July (9.30am-5pm)
- Monday 13 August (9.30am-5pm)
- Wednesday 19 September (9.30am-5pm)
- Monday 15 October (9.30am-5pm)
- Thursday 22 November (9.30am-5pm)
- Monday 3 December (9.30am-5pm)
Cost: Diabetes Victoria members free; $15 non-members
Venue: 51 Leicester Street, CARLTON VIC 3050
Please Note: Evening sessions will be held at 570 Elizabeth Street, MELBOURNE VIC 3000.
2018 Geelong date
- Wednesday 13 June (9.30am-5pm)
Venue: Diabetes Victoria, 75 Roslyn Road, BELMONT VIC 3216
To book: Call 1300 136 588.
To find our more about the program click here.
2018 Central Bayside dates
Central Bayside Community Health Services
Dates: Thursdays 10th May, 9th August, 8th November
Venue: 335 Nepean Hwy, Parkdale
Dates: Thursdays April 12th, July 12th, October 11th.
Venue: 58 Viney Street, Clarinda
Dates: Thursdays June 7th, September 6th.
Venue: 3/1 the Strand, Chelsea
RSVP required: please phone 8587 0200 to book a place.
Free to people with Type 2 diabetes.
To find out more about the program click here
Funding to support this program is provided by the National Diabetes Services Scheme. The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government administered with the assistance of Diabetes Australia. The NDSS Agent in Victoria is Diabetes Victoria.