Join DA–Vic and become a member of a dynamic, informed community. Learn about the latest in products and lifestyle advice, be supported with up-to-date information and have access to the many services that can be vital in the management of diabetes.
Being informed, belonging and being supported are important, particularly for those who are newly diagnosed. The DA–Vic membership is exclusively for people living with type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes, their families, carers and health professionals. It will connect you with the wider diabetes community and also help to fund diabetes research.
Don’t miss out on the many important benefits and services that are free, exclusive or discounted for members.
- Your membership kit will provide you with all the information you need to get you started. Our information-packed quarterly magazine, Diabetes Today, features news, products and helpful information that will continue to keep you up-to-date.
- Our younger members (up to aged 21 years) receive quarterly magazines especially tailored to their interests and needs.
- Attend our Education Programs. These are run by diabetes nurse educators and dietitians and are conducted throughout Victoria.
- Be a part of our informative supermarket tours, conducted by dietitians and help our members identify a healthy range of food choices.
- For all our members, we provide instruction in the use of blood glucose meters and pen injection systems at no cost.
Better Service, Support and Representation
Be supported via our Diabetes Info Line 1300 136 588. Call with any questions or concerns you have about diabetes, diabetes management, diabetes products or healthy living.
We strive to ensure a fair deal for people with diabetes and take issues to government on our member’s behalf. Members can also access our Advocacy Officer for support on individual cases.
We run campaigns in the community to improve facilities and reduce the elements that increase the risk of diabetes in the community. Keep an eye on the website for how you can get involved.
Pay less with 10 per cent discounts on approved products sold in our retail outlets. Being a member of Diabetes Australia – Vic also entitles you to receive discounts on eye care, foot health and travel insurance amongst other benefits.
Join a ComNet (Type 2) or Peer Support (Type 1) group and experience the opportunity to share information, gain support and advice on services and programs within your community.
Kid’s and Teen’s membership provides great opportunities for children to establish relationships and support networks in a fun and active way such as kids' camps.
Browse the online member area to get the latest diabetes news, recipes and member updates. Read nutritionist Rosemary Stanton's blog on healthy eating and access current and past issues of Diabetes Today.
You can renew your membership and update your details online.
Make sure you receive all the benefits you are entitled to by having a DA–Vic membership card AND a National Diabetes Service Scheme (NDSS) card.
We aim to help our members live well with diabetes by providing resources and services that keep members informed, educated and supported.
The NDSS is an initiative of the Australian Government and is administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS provides blood and urine testing strips, syringes and needles at subsidised prices. Registration to NDSS is free and valid for life.
Yes! I wish to join Diabetes Australia – Vic how do I join?
- Join online today.
- Complete the online form and either post it to us or bring to our office at 570 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, Vic 3000, with a cheque, money order or credit card details.
- Phone 1300 136 588 with credit card details and speak to one of our friendly staff.
Type of membership
- Full member: $49.00
- Concession: $28.00
- Family: $55.00
- Health Professionals: $58.00
- Kids & Teens (Under 21): Free