Any personal information collected will only be used by us for the primary reason it was collected, unless:
- It could be reasonably expected that DA–Vic would use the information for a related purpose
- The person has agreed to use of their information for a related purpose
- The information is not sensitive and the use of the information is for direct marketing i.e.: information about events.
Individuals are able to opt out of receiving further information from Diabetes Australia –Vic, unless there is a legal requirement for us to provide such information.
We do not lend or give away information collected from any of our activities, except:
- With the individual’s consent
- To lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s health and/or safety
- When required by law
- In preparation for, or conduct of legal proceedings in a court or tribunal
- In the public interest, eg: to lessen or prevent a serious threat to public health and/or safety
- Unidentified data may be used for research purposes.
Personal information about our supporters is never sold or provided to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Like many organisations, we track usage patterns on our websites, specifically, we record:
- Internet providers
- Date and time of website visitors
- Web pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Search items entered.
DA–Vic’s website contains links to other websites. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the content or privacy practices of those websites.
The internet is inherently insecure and accordingly, we cannot provide any definite assurance regarding security or personal information. DA–Vic will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.