- add extra fibre
- add extra fruit & vegetables
- reduce the amount of sugar, salt, or saturated fat
Thai Chicken and Cashew Yellow Curry
Type of recipe: healthy mains/dinner, gluten free
- olive oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 3 coriander roots, well washed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 300g chicken breast fillet, cut into 1 1/2 cm pieces
- 300g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 125g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat natural yogurt
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice, for serving
- Lightly spray a deep non-stick frypan or wok with oil and gently cook the garlic, ginger, coriander root and paste for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in the chicken, pumpkin, beans and tomatoes Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken and pumpkin are cooked.
- Remove curry from heat and stir through yoghurt.
- Serve curry topped with bean shoots, coriander leaves and cashew nuts and accompanied by rice.
Try using Thai red curry paste instead of yellow if desired. This curry is also delicious cooked with prawns or a firm white fish.
Nutrients per serve:
Total fat 13.7g
Saturated fat 3.5g
Recipe and image courtesy of The Dairy Kitchen at Dairy Australia.
Diabetes Victoria members have access to a large range of recipes and meal plans that meet our nutrition guidelines. For more information, or to become a member, visit our member page.