- add extra fibre
- add extra fruit & vegetables
- reduce the amount of sugar, salt, or saturated fat
Our recipe of the month is recommended by our dietitians using Diabetes Australia’s own recipe guidelines.
Diabetes Victoria members have access to a large range of recipes and meal plans that meet our nutrition guidelines. Find out more about membership.
Omelette with spinach, mushrooms and macadamiasServes: 1
Type of meal: Main meal
Cooking oil spray (such as canola or olive oil)
75g sliced swiss brown mushrooms
2 slices red capsicum
50g baby English spinach
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons water
Cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
30g chopped toasted macadamias
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Saute mushrooms and capsicum until golden and tender. Saute spinach until wilted. Remove from pan and wipe out pan.
- Combine whisked eggs, water and pepper and add to the pan. Cook over medium- low heat until omelette is just firm then fold over in half.
- Combine the parsley, lemon rind and macadamias in a seperate bowl. Transfer the omelette to a plate, spoon over sauteed vegetables and top with macadamia mix. Enjoy!
per serve (320g per serve)
Energy 1675 kJ
Fat, total 34 g
- saturated 6 g
Carbohydrate 4 g
- sugars 3 g
Sodium 160 mg
Fibre 5 g
Recipe and image credit
Nuts for life