- add extra fibre
- add extra fruit & vegetables
- reduce the amount of sugar, salt, or saturated fat
Diabetes Victoria members have access to a large range of recipes and meal plans that meet our nutrition guidelines. Find out more about membership.
Zucchini SliceServes: 6
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large zucchini, grated
400g peeled and grated carrot, sweet potato or pumpkin
1 1/2 cups drained canned corn kernels or frozen peas
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
2 tsps dried mixed herbs
3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
Olive or canola oil spray
3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced (optional)
Green side salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- Whisk eggs in a medium jug, season with black pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients except tomato. Add eggs and stir mixture until well combined.
- Spray a large baking dish with oil. Pour in zucchini mix and flatten with a spoon. Cover with tomato slices arranged in a single layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Rest in the pan for 10 minutes before dividing into 6 pieces and cutting into slices. Serve with a green side salad.
|Exchanges||2 per serve|
This recipe has been reproduced with permission from LiveLighter. LiveLighter is a public health campaign which aims to educate adults about the risks associated with being overweight or obese and help them make simple, lasting changes to their lifestyles. For more information, visit livelighter.com.au